Aging coffees harkens back to earlier maritime practices in the global coffee trade, when green coffees were transported long distances and exposed to the elements on old wooden ships. The exposure to the elements changes the chemical composition of the coffee, which in turn changes the flavor profile. You can almost taste the salty spray of the open seas!
About Aged Sumatra Gr 1
- Notes: A complex cup with notes of Bittersweet Chocolate, Tobacco, Brown Spice, Earthy, & Oak
- Origin: Sumatra, Aceh Highlands region
- Elevation: 1,400–1,600 masl (~4590-5250 ft)
- Farmers: Smallholder farms throughout the region
- Tree varieties: Ateng Super, Tim-Tim, Abyssinia 3, Abyssinia 7, Bor-Bor, Ateng Pucuk Merah, Ateng Janda, Bourbon
- Harvest: April - June & September - January, then aged 3+ yrs