Despite having ideal environmental conditions for high-grade specialty coffees, Peru is just now emerging as a strong player. Our first brush with Peruvian coffee came last year in the spring, and it was a hit. Sweet, dark fruit notes and a bold mouthfeel really make this "best of region" lot sing.
- Flavor notes: Chocolatety with pecan, lemon, lime and orange flavors; sweet and clean with tart acidity and a creamy mouthfeel
- Region: Cajamarca
- Farms: Various smallholder farms
- Tree varieties: Bourbon, Typica, Caturra
- Altitude: 1500-1800 masl (~5,000 - 5,900 ft)
- Processing: Washed
- Harvest year: 2017 (arrived in US Nov 2017)