Be part of something awesome
At Ross Street Roasting Co., we started with a simple mission: "To turn coffee drinkers into coffee lovers." We do this by focusing on 3 things:
- & Relationships
And that last one is where you could fit in!
As we've grown from a one-man-show that started as a garage hobby into one of the leading Specialty Coffee brands in Iowa and beyond, we have and will continue to add to our team - to expand on our mission to surprise and delight our customers with the quality of our products and customer service.
(Pictured: Brian Gumm, Founder/Head Roaster & Jessica Kettler, Assistant Roaster)
Commercial Sales Associate
Ross Street Roasting Co. is a high quality specialty coffee brand, with offices in Iowa and Kansas, and production headquartered in Iowa. We are looking for a Sales Associate to work from their home to reach out to new commercial accounts to coffee shops. No travel is required. We will supply you with lead contact information and sales training. Our commission-based compensation for this position is excellent.
Our goal with this position is to educate and excite new clients as to why Ross Street Roasting is the best option for their roasted coffee needs.
Free coffee! - We'll ship you a monthly sample pack of our current offerings, so you can taste what you'll be selling. (There are baseline monthly sales activity requirements to qualify for this perk.)
Low-cost home coffee making kit - To help you sell more effectively, we'll help you get affordably equipped with a quality home coffee-brewing setup. And if you hit sales milestones, we'll reimburse you for the equipment!
Become a Coffee Pro - Onboarding training as well as weekly Lunch & Learn sessions with Founder & Head Roaster, Brian Gumm, all designed to educate, get you connected and network with your fellow Sales Associates, and to help you build a potential career in an awesome industry if you so desire.
- Strong customer service & communication skills are a must
- A high level of self-motivation and ambition to succeed are crucial
- An ability to coordinate with Management and collaborate with fellow Associates is desired
- Experience with cloud-based systems and mobile apps is a strong plus, particularly Google Apps/G-Suite and Slack
- A love for and knowledge of coffee is a strong plus, but not required
- Employment type: Independent Contractor / W9 (non-employee)
- Compensation type: Commission only, apply for more info
- Benefits: Not provided
- Time requirements: Flexible - No set hours or days